Sunday, November 13, 2011

C4K #10 and November C4K

witch flying on broom

You can tell that there was a lot of work put into Mrs. Yollis’s class blog but the resources that can be found there are very valuable.  Her class blog has over 75,000 views on in.  EDM310 has just over 51,000 views.  Mrs. Yollis’s blog is educational but also very fun to read and interact with.  I think that is the reason it is so successful.  Some of the fun things she has on her blog are the photo a day link and her classroom tweet thread.  She also has many different links to ensure that her students have successful blogs.  She has blogging resources, videos that teach how to comment and also instructions on to to HTML code.  You can reach all of her student’s blogs through links on the bar on the side of the homepage.  Her posts also vary widely in variety.  There are posts about math, important holidays, blogging, along with a variety of other subjects.  Each post is very well written and has accompanying pictures.  Every post is fun and interesting to read.

I commented on Chloe’s short story, “The Little Witch.”  Her story was about a girl that was turned into a witch after trying on her Halloween costume.  I loved reading her story and went on to read the whole classes stories.  I think it is so cool how talented her class is.  And work like theirs deserves to be shown off which is why I love that Mrs. Yollis posts their work on the class blog.  You can tell that Mrs. Yollis is a teacher that is proud of her class and the world needs more teachers like her.

I also commented on Avoia's blog.  Her class had a video post about swimming which they were doing during the first semester of the school year.  I told her that I swam competitively all through high school for my school and for a private team.  I was glad her class had fun doing it and told her that I hope she continues to enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. We all need an audience!

    "...and the world needs more teachers like her." Be one!

    ReplyDelete