Friday, December 2, 2011

C4T #4

Texting on an iPhone

For the final C4T I commented on Aaron Eyler's blog title Synthesizing Education.  The first post I commented on referred to his use of Twitter.  I told him about EDM 310 and how we are required to use Twitter.  I also said that at first I was skeptical about the use of Twitter but have learned that it is a great was to network with other teachers and peers.  His post was about monitoring what people say to you and about you.  He stated that those who are active with their account will get the most out of it.

The second post I commented on was Aaron Eyler's view on different social resources.  He favored Twitter over all the things he used.  He felt it was the most professional and helpful.  He did not seem to like either Facebook or texting.  I agreed with him that Facebook and texting my not be as professional as Twitter can be.  But I also think that used properly, Facebook can be a great networking tool.  We have learned that this year in this class that all of these sites can be used to network and used for professional and educational reasons.  Texting does not belong in the classroom maybe but it is a fast and easy way to communicate and will be something every one of our students uses.

1 comment:

  1. I was very skeptical of Twitter as well, but I have also found this to be a valuable resource. I am more of a Twitter observer, I have had difficulty actually contributing information. This is something I hope to work on and maybe become stronger at.

    ReplyDelete